Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sunday in Central Park

Happy Wednesday everyone!

How is your week so far? It's Wednesday evening already, time to make plans for the upcoming weekend.

As I mentioned in my previous post, last Sunday we went to Central Park. Since I haven't yet posted photos of the park on this blog, I will share Sunday's pictures with you.
We lived in Upper East Side for couple years and used to go to Central Park almost every weekend. I love this place and think I know all paths of this park.
Central Park was created in 1850, it was aimed to improve public health. The idea was to create a place where residents of New York City can rest and relax after days of hard work. Today Central Park continues to serve NYC residents. Many residents of New York do not own cars and Central Park gives them opportunity to "escape" the city, at the same time, staying in the city.
On Sunday Great Lawn was closed so New Yorkers occupied areas around it. 
Did you know that Central Park covers 1.317 sq miles (3.41 km²) of Manhattan? It begins on 59th Street and ends on 110th Street.



That day was Japan Day in Central Park.

I understand there are too many pictures in this post but I love Central Park so much that couldn't not to post them.


Have you seen movie Bride Wars? This white building is Plaza Hotel where both brides-to-be wanted to be married in.



That day I was wearing dress from Gap (old, similar), jeans jacket from American Eagle, sandals from Zara, handbag from Sophie Hulme, Kate Spade watch, and Oscar de la Renta sunglasses (old).

Thank you for reading,
Tany

No comments:

Post a Comment