Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cherry Blossom Festival

Hello everyone!

I'm back with the new post about my trip to Washington DC.


My husband and I went there few weeks ago. That was the last weekend of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. This festival honors the gift of 3,000 cherry tries from Mayor of Tokyo to the city  of Washington. The gift was made in 1912 and symbolized the lasting relationship between Japan and the United States. First Lady of the U.S. and wife of the Japanese ambassador planted the first two trees in West Potomac Park that year.






















I wanted to visit D.C. during the festival for a long time and was so happy to see the cherry tree in full bloom. All trees were covered in pale pink blossoms, the park looked beautiful! Even crowds didn't spoil the impression. (I've visited Washington few times but had never seen this city so crowded before.)


That day it felt like summer, it was sunny and hot. I was wearing jbrand skinny jeans in color Pelt, grey jersey top from H&M, pink ShoeMint oxfords, Marc by Marc Jacobs crossbody bag in Hazy Rose, and David Yurman sunglasses.
I was very pleased with quality of ShoeMint oxfords, they are so soft and comfortable that I was able to wear them all day (believe me, we walked a lot!).

Thank you for reading,
Tany

No comments:

Post a Comment