Monday, June 9, 2014

Sandy Hook, NJ: Openning of the Beach Season

Hello everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a productive start of the week.

Two weeks ago, my husband and I decided to open beach season and went to the closest to our home beach - Sandy Hook beach. Today I want to share with you pictures from that trip.
One more reason (I think I've already mentioned few in my previous posts) why I love New York is its location. Within an hour drive, there is an ocean and mountains so we can enjoy summer on a beach (Jersey Shore, Long Island) and spend winter weekends on ski resorts (Upstate New York, Pennsylvania).

Memorial Day weekend is an official start of beach season in our area so we were not alone on the beach. Although it was hot outside, water was pretty cold but many people still enjoyed it.




















It's a good idea to go to Sandy Hook early because it is a popular weekend destination among New Jersey and New York residents. It can be very crowded, and all of the parking lots may be full.
Sandy Hook beach is a nice place for relaxing on the sand, swimming, fishing, surfing, and kitesurfing. Also, there is a bike trail and a dog friendly beach on the bay side.
That day I was wearing:
 Ann Taylor top (old, similar here),
H&M denim shorts,
Havaianas flip flops,
H&M braided belt (old, similar here),
and Burberry sunglasses.
 
Thank you for reading,
Tany





No comments:

Post a Comment